We finally installed the red oak engineered hardwood flooring I got at Lumber Liquidators in Salem, OR. I put down paper as a vapor barrier and the only fixture we went around was the shower pan. There is already a height limit for tall people wanting to shower and we did not want to decrease… Continue reading big update! floors, bathroom, locks, and hubcaps.
Last year I picked up some old hardwood from a local guy in Salem off of Craigslist. My brother selected out some ash and we brought it to my father's shop so that we could plane the boards before taking them back to my brother's house to join, glue, and clamp them into the countertops.… Continue reading making kitchen countertops
I decided that I want a double-sided kitchen in the trailer which would leave one side without a window. I found a small Hehr jalousie window from an old trailer for $100 and bought it off craigslist. It is different from the other windows on the Streamline. It is 22" x 11.5" which fits perfectly… Continue reading installing a new jalousie window
Finally did the first coat of fresh paint on the interior ceiling! Simply white eggshell all-in-one zero VOC from Homedepot. Used a large and small roller plus a paintbrush for the creases. Before I painted, I did a few things to prep the ceiling panels. First, I sanded the existing vinyl paint that was applied… Continue reading freshly painted ceiling
My trailer door came with a Bargman L-200 and half Chesler T-5 mashup that had the original interior handle broken off. I decided to try and make one out of hardwood Ash leftover from making my countertops. After many attempts, I ended up with one good handle that fits well onto the old lock. Sanded… Continue reading carving a new door handle
The outside of my trailer is so so so so dirty! The rain streaks are permanent, however, we were able to remove most of the yellow layer from years of grime. The aluminum is anodized so we did not want to remove it with an acidic cleaner but a little vinegar + scotchbrite pads was… Continue reading cleaning exterior with vinegar
After we finished the large patch on the belly pan, I had to fabricate patches for the multitude of other holes. If I ever get another trailer, it will have to have a perfect belly pan as the work is not worth it D: