Been a while since a post, I know! A lot has happened and sadly not all of it has been recorded as I am the sole restorer of this trailer and sometimes it is just too much work to photograph my entire process... At this point the windows have been reinstalled and I just managed… Continue reading rear corners and exterior outlet
Finally replaced the marker lights and it felt so so good. I ended up having to get non-LED marker lights because of the price but can easily upgrade them in a few years. We removed the old ones by removing the old lenses, removing the old screws (most rusted and had to be slowly unscrewed… Continue reading new marker lights and tailights
Finally! My folks came down to visit and my dad, brother, and myself replaced the old plumbing and installed the new subfloor! We ended up putting the new subfloor on top of the old one, patching the rotten pieces first. This way I have more insulation and a solid subfloor without having to remove the… Continue reading new plumbing and subfloor!
Finally able to get going on the trailer again! Been a long break and I am so excited to start working. I recently removed all of the windows which I am in the process of restoring with a wire brush attachment and vinegar. Today I removed the rest of the old visible plumbing, scraped the… Continue reading empty and ready for some subfloor work
I know I have not posted in a while and that is because there hasn't been any work for me to do on the trailer! I was waiting until we moved the trailer into my brother's shop so that we can remove the old subfloor and part of the broken belly pan. Last weekend my… Continue reading Update!
Now that all of the wall panels are removed, we can access the screws holding the subfloor to the frame. I left the panel in the back because the previous owners already replaced the subfloor in that corner AND that panel is massive. Lucky for me, the wall framing is in great shape! The bad… Continue reading Day 7: revealing the subfloor
After removing the cabinetry and walls, we realized that we would need to find an exact match to the installed bamboo laminate for all of the extra spaces and seeing as how the floor was not installed perfectly, I have decided to remove it entirely and put in hardwood... Pulling up the floor showed lots… Continue reading Day 6: goodbye floor